Cody Battershill- "As a top producing REALTOR® with Calgary REMAX House of Real Estate, it is my utmost priority to provide you with only the absolute best level of service, advice and professional representation throughout your real estate experiences." See my LinkedIn Profile for my full resume.
Jordan Helwerda- "Being immersed in Calgary real estate for the better part of 10 years, my background in raising capital, development, investment, negotiations and sales helps me to provide you with an unparalleled level of service and advice as a licensed REALTOR® with REMAX". See my LinkedIn Profile for my full resume.
Call anytime to find out about the advantage you receive when buying and / or selling real estate in Calgary's Westside communities with our team of experienced REALTORS®!
Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks are all currently feeling the effects of a slow economic recovery. All three housing markets are currently considered to be in buyers’ territory and are undergoing similar changes to that seen in Calgary.
Here’s the latest Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks housing market statistics sourced from the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB®):
- Airdrie’s residential market has shown itself to be deep into buyers’ territory so far in 2018, largely due to economic conditions that have prevented demand
- A weak economy and excess supply levels have further contributed to downward pressure on benchmark prices for attached homes in Airdrie
- Sales activity has declined on a year-to-date basis, sitting at levels comparable to those in 2012
- New listings have remained high throughout 2018, contributing to high inventory levels and downward pressure on benchmark prices
- $371,244 average benchmark price year-to-date, a 1.7 percent drop versus the same time frame last year and nearly 5 percent lower than previous highs
- Cochrane’s housing market has also felt the effects of a dragging economy with high supply levels and lower-than-usual sales activity
- 477 total units sold in Cochrane year-to-date, down from 536 units during the same time frame the previous year
- Sales activity thus far in 2018 remains higher compared to those recorded in 2015 and 2016
- New listings consistently growing year-to-date, with 269 more units on the market compared to long-term averages
- September saw a total of 360 units listed, creating a new record for the month and leading to elevated supply
- Oversupply has begun to put downward pressure on home benchmark prices in Cochrane. Thus far, detached benchmark prices remain 4 percent lower than recently recorded highs
- Slow sales and an increasing number of new listings is starting to cause supply issues in Okotoks
- Okotoks home benchmark prices have remained relatively stable in the third-quarter of 2018 when compared to the second quarter.
- $436,422 average detached benchmark price in Okotoks year-to-date, about 1 percent higher versus the same time frame in 2017 but 3 percent lower versus long-term averages
If you’re thinking about making a move in Airdrie, Cochrane, Okotoks or in another rural area in Calgary, make sure you contact an experienced REALTOR® to get the best advice!
This agent should know everything there is to about the regional real estate market you’re interested in. They should also have lots of previous experience in helping people buy and sell in your specified location.
Don’t settle for anything less than the best and get in touch with an agent of your choice today!
As experienced real estate agents and REALTORS® in Calgary, we have helped many people buy and sell in these communities and would love to lend our knowledge and skillset to you!
Call us anytime at 403-370-4180 or send a message below and we’ll get back to you shortly, if not immediately. We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate plans in the Calgary Metropolitan Area!