Signal Hill is an upscale community in Calgary’s southwest which is also a part of the Westside communities. Established in 1986, much of Signal Hill’s real estate was built in the 1990’s and early 2000’s and the community boundaries include Westhills Shopping Centre on the south end.
Begin your search of Signal Hill real estate currently active on the MLS® below. Call or message us anytime if you would like to know more about listings or have further questions concerning concerning Signal Hill homes for sale in Calgary.
As mentioned above, a majority of Signal Hill real estate was built between the early 1990’s and early 2000’s. Many homes feature the Mediterranean-style stucco exteriors that were popular in Calgary communities built in the 90’s, but not all as others have more traditional designs.
A few select properties in Signal Hill, especially along the eastern ridge of the neighbourhood, have been fully redeveloped into luxurious homes with breathtaking panoramic views of the city skyline. These semi-estate properties have a much more recent construction date, but are hard to find for sale on the market as owners tend to stay in them for the long term.
Residents in Signal Hill have direct access to Westhills Shopping Centre. Home to approximately 50 different restaurants, shops and services, there’s not much of anything you won’t find at this massive outdoor strip mall.
Westhills isn’t the only amenity resource easily accessible by Signal Hill residents. Also nearby are several strip malls and other key amenities found in various Westside communities, including:
- Aspen Landing
- Strathcona Square
- West Market Square
- West Springs Village
- West C-Train LRT Stations
- Westside Recreation Centre
Westbrook Mall and Chinook Mall are two more shopping centres easily reached via Bow Trail, Sarcee Trail and Glenmore Trails from Signal Hill. These routes provide quick-and-easy access to other parts of Calgary while Township Road 241 and Old Banff Coach Road via 85th Street SW provide convenient access to the Rocky Mountains.
Signal Hill residents have access to several different public and private schools spread throughout the Westside, another reason why many families choose to live in the community for the long term.
Designated schools for varying programs include:
- Battalion Park Elementary (public)
- A.E. Cross Junior High (public)
- Ernest Manning High (public)
- Holy Name Elementary (Catholic)
- St. Thomas Aquinas Elementary (Catholic)
- St. Michael Junior High (Catholic)
- St. Gregory Junior High (Catholic)
- St. Mary’s High (Catholic)
Nearby private schools:
- Webber Academy (private)
- Calgary Academy (private)
- Rundle College Jr. Sr. High School (private)
- Calgary French & International School (private)
- Step-by-Step Montessori Preschool (private)
This data was collected from the City of Calgary’s most recent Civic Census:
- Population – 13,763
- Ages below 19 – 25%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 58%
- Age 65 or older – 17%
- Occupied dwellings – 5,159
- Percent occupied dwellings occupied by owner – 92%
- Percent of occupied swellings that were single-family dwellings – 65%
- Percent of residents who live in single-family dwellings – 78%