Strathcona Park is an upscale neighbourhood found in Calgary’s southwest quadrant. Established in 1980, Strathcona Park is home to properties ranging in construction date from the late 1970’s all the way up to the mid 2000’s as subdivisions paved the way for newer and more luxurious properties later on in its history.
Begin your search of Strathcona Park real estate currently active on the MLS® below. Call or message us anytime if you would like to know more about listings or have further questions concerning concerning Strathcona Park homes for sale in Calgary.
Although established in 1980, Strathcona Park didn’t develop to its full potential until the mid 2000’s which is why there are several more newly built homes found within the neighbourhood. Similar to Signal Hill, many homes follow the popular design style of the late 1990’s and early 2000’s with stucco exteriors.
Strathcona Park’s newer subdivisions are closer 85th Street SW and the borders of Aspen Woods than they are shown on the location map. Just like other Westside communities, Strathcona Park is a place where many families tend to stay for the long term.
Strathcona Square is one strip mall found directly within Strathcona Park. It is home to a Sobeys, Sobeys Liquor, RBC Bank and a few other business. Other nearby amenity resources include:
- Aspen Landing
- Strathcona Square
- West Market Square
- West Springs Village
- West C-Train LRT Stations
- Westside Recreation Centre
Westside Shopping Centre is home to approximately 50 different restaurants, shops and services while Chinook Mall and Westbrook Mall are easily reached using nearby routes.
Glenmore Trail, Bow Trail and Sarcee Trail provide quick-and-easy access to other parts of Calgary, while Old Banff Coach Road and Township Road 241 via 85th Street SW allow for convenient access to the foothills and Rocky Mountains.
One of the reasons why many Strathcona Park families choose to stay for the long term is the abundance of schools – private, public, catholic, etc. – found within a few minutes drive from the community.
Designated schools for varying programs include:
- Dr. Roberta Bondar Elementary (public)
- Jennie Elliot Elementary (public)
- Olympic Heights Elementary (public)
- Vincent Massey Junior High (public)
- Ernest Manning High (public)
- John W. Costello Elementary (Catholic)
- Holy Name Elementary (Catholic)
- Guardian Angel Elementary (Catholic)
- St. Joan of Arc Junior High (Catholic)
- St. Gregory Junior High (Catholic)
- St. Mary’s High (Catholic)
Nearby Private Schools:
- Calgary French & International School (private)
- Step-by-Step Montessori Preschool (private)
- Rundle College Jr. Sr. High School (private)
- Webber Academy (private)
- Calgary Academy (private)
This data was collected from the City of Calgary’s most recent Civic Census:
- Population – 7,140
- Ages below 19 – 28%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 62%
- Age 65 or older – 10%
- Occupied dwellings – 2,412
- Percent occupied dwellings occupied by owner – 91%
- Percent of occupied swellings that were single-family dwellings – 80%
- Percent of residents who live in single-family dwellings – 84%