Cody Battershill- "As a top producing REALTOR® with Calgary REMAX House of Real Estate, it is my utmost priority to provide you with only the absolute best level of service, advice and professional representation throughout your real estate experiences." See my LinkedIn Profile for my full resume.
Jordan Helwerda- "Being immersed in Calgary real estate for the better part of 10 years, my background in raising capital, development, investment, negotiations and sales helps me to provide you with an unparalleled level of service and advice as a licensed REALTOR® with REMAX". See my LinkedIn Profile for my full resume.
Call anytime to find out about the advantage you receive when buying and / or selling real estate in Calgary's Westside communities with our team of experienced REALTORS®!
Like Calgary, the three municipalities mentioned above and their respective housing markets are all feeling the effects of the tough economic climate in the province of Alberta.
Without further adieu, here’s the latest real estate market statistics for Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks sourced from the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB®):
- $369,042 average detached benchmark price, 2 percent lower year-over-year
- Throughout 2018, Airdrie housing market saw massive oversupply and signs of a buyer’s market
- Inventory levels and months of supply were significantly higher than in 2017. There was also not as much sales activity, leading to downward pressure on benchmark prices
- Total sales dropped by 14 percent year-over-year when compared to 2017; this is also about 19 percent lower than the 5-year average for sales activity in Airdrie
- Drop in sales activity was seen across all housing sectors
- Supply throughout 2018 stayed at record-high levels. Inventories also continually went up throughout the year, remaining 12 percent higher year-over-year by the end of 2018
- 599 total sales in Cochrane throughout 2018, a drop of 64 compared to the previous year
- This sales activity remains comparable to that over the past 3 years for the municipality
- 1,288 new listings throughout 2018, the highest ever recorded and resulting in a near 7 months of supply
- Detached benchmark prices remain comparable to those of last year
- 463 total units sold, a drop versus 2017 and comparable to activity seen in 2010
- Increases in new listings combined with lower sales activity resulted in higher inventories and supply in Okotoks throughout 2018
- $434,875 average detached benchmark price, 1 percent higher when compared to 2017
- Detached home prices saw modest benchmark gains despite increased supply and weak sales
If you’re thinking about making a move in real estate in Airdrie, Okotoks or Cochrane, you want the best service and advice!
Our experienced REALTORS® have been helping people buy and sell in the Calgary Metropolitan Area (CMA) for several years, and would love the opportunity to help you accomplish your real estate plans!
Don’t settle for anything less than the best and get in touch with an experienced real estate agent in Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks today!
With more than two decades of combined experience in the local real estate industry, we are looking forward to providing you with the best service and advice while making sure all your needs are met throughout your transaction.
Call us anytime direct at 403-370-4180 or send a message below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate plans in the Calgary Metropolitan Area!Please select a valid form