Discovery Ridge is an upscale neighbourhood found on the brim of Calgary’s southwest quadrant which is also part of the Westside communities. Established in 1990, most of Discovery Ridge’s homes weren’t build until after the turn of the century.
The community is bounded by Rocky View County to the west, Glenmore Trail to the north, Elbow River and Tsuu T’ina Nation Reserve to the south and 69th Street West to the east.
Begin your search of Discovery Ridge real estate currently active on the MLS® below. Call or message us anytime if you would like to know more about listings or have further questions concerning concerning Discovery Ridge homes for sale in Calgary.
As mentioned above, a large majority of Discovery Ridge real estate are executive homes that were built in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. Some homes feature Mediterranean-style stucco and brick accent exteriors that were popular in communities across Calgary in the 1990’s and 2000’s. Newer built homes depart from this style of exteriors and feature more contemporary design.
There’s also quite a few different multi-family developments in Discovery Ridge, most of which are medium density, villa style condominiums. Professional landscaping has seen throughout as created an appealing and safe community layout for all residents to enjoy.
Originally developed on the northern banks of the Bow River, a select amount of Discovery Ridge homes feature pristine views of the surrounding wilderness and mountains to the west.
One of the most loved features of Discovery Ridge real estate is its proximity to Griffith Woods, a 93-acre environmental park filled with trails for walking, jogging, biking, rollerblading, cross-country skiing and horseback riding. Residents have direct access to this park via the various interconnecting trails throughout the community.
Also close by is Sierra Morena Park where you’ll find public volleyball and basketball courts. These are good for spring and summer, while for colder seasons the all-inclusive facilities of Westside Recreation Centre are of great use and easy in less than 5 minutes of driving.
Residents of Discovery Ridge have quick-and-easy access to several nearby amenity resources including Westhills Shopping Centre. Home to about 50 restaurants, shops and services, you’ll find most of what you need for day-to-day living just a few minute drive away from home.
Westhills isn’t the only shopping centre close to home for Discovery Ridge residents. Others include:
- Aspen Landing
- Chinook Mall
- Richmond Square Strip Mall
- Signal Hill Shopping Centre
- Westside Recreation Centre
Discovery Ridge residents have access to several different public and private schools found throughout the Westside communities, another reason why many families choose to live in the community for the long term.
Designated schools for varying programs include:
- Griffith Woods Elementary / Junior High (public)
- Bishop Pinkham Junior High (public_
- Central Memorial High (public)
- Ernest Manning High (public)
- Holy Name Elementary (French Immersion)
- John W. Castello Elementary (Catholic)
- St. Michael Junior High (Catholic)
- St. Gregory Junior High (Catholic)
- Bishop Carroll Senior High (Catholic)
- St. Mary’s Senior High (Catholic)
- Webber Academy (private)
- Calgary Academy (private)
- Rundle College Jr. Sr. High School (private)
- Calgary French & International School (private)
- Step-by-Step Montessori Preschool (private)
This data was collected from the City of Calgary’s most recent Civic Census:
- Population – 4,462
- Ages below 19 – 31%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 61%
- Age 65 or older – 8%
- Occupied dwellings – 1,632
- Percent occupied dwellings occupied by owner – 56%
- Percent of occupied swellings that were single-family dwellings – 85%
- Percent of residents who live in single-family dwellings – 72%